Open communication with families is key to creating a supportive and effective learning community. There are a number of ways that parents can stay connected and keep updated about their children’s experience at school.
Our teachers regularly meet with parents to discuss the learning goals for their child.
- Parent/Teacher Interviews, Term 1: A meeting is held in Term 1 to allow families to meet the class teachers and discuss your child/children’s learning needs and interests. This is an invaluable opportunity for parents and teachers to develop a connection and to work in partnership to support the child’s learning.
- Parent/Teacher Interviews, Term 3: Teachers meet with parents again early in Term 3 to discuss student achievement and to set new goals for the remainder of the year.
- Parents are also welcome to meet with their child’s teacher at any time by arranging meetings before or after school. Email contacts are provided.
- School Newsletter: EPS keeps in touch with families and students through a detailed fortnightly school newsletter, with a mini-newsletter in the alternate weeks. The newsletter is available via Konnective, on the EPS website, and hard copies are available from the school office. Published on Thursdays. Deadline for submissions to the newsletter is 4:00 pm Tuesday. Please contact the school office on 8534 6100 to put advertisements or notices in the newsletter.
- Year Level Newsletters: Teachers produce regular updates on classroom activities and information on the classroom learning focus for the term ahead via Year Level Newsletters. These are sent out via Konnective and available on the website.
- Konnective App: To start receiving EPS information, events reminders and alerts directly to your smart phone, tablet or directly as email, sign up to be a part of our Konnective community. Using the Konnective app, you can add events directly to your phone’s calendar and receive important news and alerts (similar to a text message) as soon as they are released. You can also receive emails if you prefer. Register to start using Konnective.
- Information nights: We host a number of parent information seminars each year on educational topics. Recent themes have included ‘Building Resilience’, Auditory processing, ICT and the core curriculum subjects, literacy and numeracy. Parent Information Sessions for new Prep parents are held at the beginning of each year and through the year as required.
EPS has a number of key policies around communication and community.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Student Engagement and Wellbeing Policy 2016
- Home to School Communications Guidelines
- Community Concerns and Complaints Policy
See also our school policies page.