The Uniform Shop is open each Tuesday morning from 8.30am – 9.30am. Volunteer parents from the Parents’ Association operate the uniform shop. Parents can leave orders with payment at the school office at any time and they will be given to your child on the following Tuesday. A variety of second hand clothes are also available for purchase.
Before & After School Care
OSH Club Australia is the provider of Before and After School care. Parents can sign up and make bookings online through the OSH Club website: https://www.oshclub.com.au/. OSH Club operates before school from 7:00am and after school until 6:30pm.
Compass School Manager is our parent portal – which is the school’s primary communication tool.
Compass allows you to easily access up-to-date and meaningful information about your child and their school, including the ability to:
- Monitor your child’s attendance, and enter an explanation for absence or lateness
- Communicate with your child’s teachers, and update your family contact details
- View your child’s timetable and the school calendar
- Monitor your child’s homework and assessment tasks
- Download and view your child’s progress and semester reports
- Book parent-teacher conferences
- Pay and provide consent for events and school fees
- Receive news updates directly from the school
Learning at Home
It is recognised that homework can help students with their education by complementing and reinforcing classroom teaching, fostering lifelong learning and study habits, while providing opportunities for students to take responsibility for aspects of their own learning.
Parent’s AND FRIEND Association
Our Parents and Friends Association acts as the ‘glue’ between the school, parents and students.
The team works closely with the principal and school council to understand strategies and priorities and contribute to their delivery by connecting teachers, students, parents and the broader community.
We provide friendship and support for new families and raise funds for much needed ongoing improvements that will directly benefit students. Recent examples are the installation of goal posts and a new sand pit/play area for the children.
Our regular events are much loved, and include:
- Welcome barbeque/picnic
- Mother’s/Father’s/Parent’s/Carer’s day stalls and events
- Parent’s Party
- Movie sessions at school and local cinema
- School Disco
- End of year picnic/event.
Meetings are informal and friendly and we encourage anyone to attend to find out more or to get involved. Please email us at email@example.com to find out more.
Hire of Facilities
Elsternwick Primary School has a modern fully sized gymnasium, outdoor basketball courts and recently refurbished Brickwood Hall. These beautiful spaces may be available for hire to the broader community outside of school hours. Please contact our Operations Manager, Danielle Moore on 8534 6100 with any inquiries.